Vellore Diocese

Allikondapattu Parish

Allikondapattu, formerly known as Thangal, was detached from Attipakkam Parish and on 24-11-1959 was canonically erected ana separate Parish. The Parish today can most of 1200 Catholics in the centre and 900 in the substations. A lot of credit goes to Rev. Fr. Mahe, the first Parish Priest. It was he who completed the construction of the present Church and put up the presbytery and the school. In 1969, by the Roman Decree Prot. No, 6404/69 dated 1st September, Tiruvanna malul and Chengam Districts were detached from the Archdiocese of Pondicherry-Cuddalore attached to Vellore. As a sequel, Allikondapattu found itself in Vellore Diocese and Fr. S. Velanganny took over the reins of the Parish Due to Fr. S. Velanganny’s effort a Chapel was put up at Talayampallum und Perumanam a Sub-station was separated and made a Parish. Allikondapattu Parish is adorned with a Convent and Dispensary. The maternity ward and health care of the surrounding villages have earned a good name to the Hospital. After Fr. S. Velanganny’s transfer Fr. Duraisamy Natala is in charge of the Parish and is trying to improve the Parish in many ways. Everything that is accomplished in Allikondapattu is by the Grace of God through the intercession of St. John De Britto, its Patron.
  • Parish Details
  • Parish Name : Allikondapattu Parish
  • Church Name : St. John de Britto Church
  • Post : Rev Fr. Parish Priest, St. John De Britto Church, Allikondapattu, Via.Thachampet, Tiruvannamalai Dt - 606 811
  • Contact : 9787638700
  • Run By : Diocesan
  • Vicariate : Tiruvannamalai Vicariate
St. John de Britto Church
Fr. Motchanathan A


Anbiams (BCC)

Sub-Stations with Church

Sub-Stations without Church

Associations / Club





Sub Station / Main Station Day Timing Title Remarks


Sub Station / Main Station Event Date Day Month Timing Organised By Remarks


Sub Station / Main Station Date Event Day Month Timing Organised By Remarks